The Academy for Customized Learning, commonly referred to as The Virtual Academy, was developed to provide an alternative educational opportunity for students whose needs are not met in the traditional educational environment. The online environment allows students to work at their own pace. Students can recover course credit(s) as well as advance course credit(s).
The Virtual Academy is beneficial for students:
- needing more flexible hours than traditional school day
- interested in online learning but want a local mentor
- interested in accelerated course work
- pursuing college credit
- interested in making up credit
- who want to participate in school based clubs & athletic programs